In addition to furniture, wall art can have a big impact on a room’s decor. Whether you’re hanging many different pictures or one statement piece of art, this guide will help you learn how to measure before hanging wall art.
1. Measure the wall space.
2. Arrange artworks on the floor. Start with the biggest piece in the middle and build around that. When styling a gallery wall, use various frame sizes. You can have a couple smaller frames but artworks larger than 16×20 works best.
2. Create columns. Center the artworks in each column with about 2–3 inches of space between them.
3. Once the artworks are perfectly arranged on the ground how you want them to look on your wall, snap a picture.
4. Using your photo as a guide, hang one column of art at a time. Eyeball the distance but typically you should hang frames about 6-8 inches above a cabinet, bench or credenza.
5. Step back and check it out!